PAY NO ATTENTION
Yesterday, I was invited to be a guest on
Devin Gage’s awesome podcast.
Most podcasts start with the same type of question:
Who are you?
What have you done?
Tell us about you?
What follows after these questions is usually a perfectly prepared chronological tour of the “mountain” moments of my life. Perfectly scripted to give the illusion that
I just leaped from mountain to mountain, success to success.
Devin’s first question threw me off yesterday.
Why should we listen to you?
If anyone were to listen to anything I say it would not be because of the “mountain” moments, it should be because of the “valley” moments.
The valley is far more instructional, educational,
and quite honestly entertaining than the mountains.
My faith, spirit, and grit were formed in the valleys.
Endurance was forged, and strength was discovered
in the deepest parts of the valleys.
Endurance is not grinding things out, but a moving from strength to strength.
PAY NO ATTENTION TO SOMEONE WHO WON’T TAKE
YOU INTO THE VALLEYS (or pretends they never been through a valley)
Thank you Valleys. I’ve seen some breathtaking mountain views because of you.
If I can help, please call / text or email
Here’s my humble Reddick Formula
1. Start with your heart – it’s more of a weapon than you think
2. Break Inertia – Nothing happens sitting on your ass
3. Serve the person in front of you – they are a bigger opportunity than you think
4. There are no big things – Crush every little thing.
5. Say YES! – Nothing great ever happens by saying no.
6. Squeeze Every Second – Do What you’re doing, while you’re doing it.
7. Do it all AGAIN! – Repetition brings results